יום ה׳, 27 באפר׳|
(Adult Focused) Mental Health First Aid
Chamber Option #2 Sometimes first aid isn't a bandage, or CPR, or the Heimlich or calling 911. Sometimes first aid is YOU!
27 באפר׳ 2023, 8:30 – 14:30
WHY MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adults.
Join us for our Mental Health First Aid class, this class is the ADULT version.
WHAT IT COVERS:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect a person with help.
- Expanded content on trauma, substance use and self-care.
Mental Health First Aid for Adults teaches people how to recognize signs of mental health or substance use challenges in adults ages 18 and older, how to offer and provide initial help, and how to guide a person toward appropriate care if necessary. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, psychosis, and addictions.
This is an 8 hrs. total course: With 2 hours self-paced pre-work prior to 6 hours virtual class via Zoom with certification in Mental Health First Aid at the end.
This class is for 18 years and older. Sorry no youth allowed per regulations from MHFA organization.
Price is $147 per participant. (Value of this program is $175)
The course will include an electronic resource workbook and an official MHFA certification that is good for 3 years.
- This class is via Zoom.
- You are REQUIRED to finish 2 hours of self-paced pre-work at the very minimum 24 hours PRIOR to the virtual class.
- You have 9 modules to complete prior to the Zoom portion.
- If you do NOT finish the 2 hours self-paced pre-work 24 hours prior, you will NOT be able to attend the class and will be rescheduled for a later class.
- You will receive a link to the 2-hours self-paced curriculum prior to the scheduled virtual class depending on the date you register.
- Register early.
- The educator will get notification once you complete the 2-hours self-paced course.
- You must attend the FULL 6-hours virtual class to get your certification.
- Certifications are good for 3 years.
- You will also get a link with confirmation of payment here.
ALL TICKET SALES WILL BE CUT OFF 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE IN-PERSON CLASS DUE TO PRE-WORK REQUIREMENTS.
Day of Class:
- Zoom info is listed under the tab #10 that is listed Instructor Led Session
- Bring water bottle, it is important to stay hydrated
- Bring pen and paper
- This is a full 6-hour virtual class with breaks built in
- You must download Zoom prior to class time
- Please log on 5-15 mins early to make sure your technology works properly for the virtual class time
- Be ready to learn and have an open mind
If $147 is too much, but you're dedicated to come to the class, ask about our discounted sponsorship program.
Have a company or large group of participants and need a corporate discount?? Follow the below steps.
**Send an email with your name and the date of the class you signed up for to: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us you're interested in the sponsorship and/or discount program and a brief reason why you're needing assistance paying for the class.
***Discounted Sponsorships are first come, first serve. We try our best to accommodate as many people as possible to get sponsorships, however we can't do it without the generosity of public donations.